Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sandy Camp Fun

After four days at Sandy Camp, the San Diego Polymer Clay Guild's annual retreat, I came away with new ideas,  new friends and lots of memories of laughter and camaraderie. That is what it is all about: seventy-five artists and invited guests all working on diverse, and amazing projects.

Two creative and fun loving polymer artists and I got to know a bit better were Kasi Althaus and Yvette Macy. Not only does this dynamic duo make amazing polymer work, they also get my vote for most creative costumes and getting into the Halloween spirit. I wish I had a photo of the extruder twins, but you just have to take my word for it. (Halloween, by the way, was our theme this year)

Check out these cute bugs Yvette made for her friends at work.



Here is a photo of Yvette too. Don't you just love the whiskers and nose?



Thinking ahead to Thanksgiving, Kasi was busy making these cute little turkey pins. They are so sweet, I had to get one for my mom.


Here is a photo of Kasi. She is not a gypsy although she looks like she could tell your fortune. Hey, maybe you could supplement your clay habit with a few readings next year!



1 comment:

  1. We had a blast. It was so fun and nice to get to share in our clay ventures with other artists and polymer enthusiast. And I predict a week full of creativity, fun, chaos, and learning in October 2012

    ReplyDelete